cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Halo 3+ for Elderly mother

Hi,

I recently discovered my elderly mother is on the Halo 3+ full fibre package (£65), plus a 700 min calling plan (£8) costing her over £70 a month which she absolutely doesn't need. Her renewal was coming up so I phoned on her behalf and the agent refused to move her off a Halo package (I can't recall the exact reason but they said they couldn't do that as she was a Halo customer, the best they could do was reduce the cost £5 a month).

My mother was worried about rising prices and wanted to renew quickly so called up a few days ago without me and ended up agreeing to a renewal as she doesn't fully understand what she is agreeing to and the lower prices that are available based on her requirements.

My question is, I assume she is within her 14 day cooling off period for her renewal so can I "undo" the renewal and get her on a cheaper package (broadband + phone) like Fibre Essential? Or will I be forced to cancel her contract and get her a new contract as a now "new" customer? I want to avoid this am willing to do it to reduce the high price she has been paying ever month. She has been a BT customer for over 50 years and it frustrates me she is on such a package that she doesn't require, despite the fact she has agreed to it over the phone.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Halo 3+ for Elderly mother

Does your mother qualify here 

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@imjolly unfortunately not

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Then try phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate making sure you are aware what BT are offering to new customers.  If you don't like the offer then don't accept and try again a bit later 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings