cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5

BT Home Essentials

Hi, I’m currently paying almost £30.00 a month for fibre 2 (was £25.00 before 2 price increases). I think I’m eligible for BT Home Essentials for £20.00 however I just have a few questions before I consider changing packages.

Will I be forced over to digital voice, or can I stay on analogue?

Will I lose the ability to upgrade to Halo, or add complete wifi and BTTV? I’m not really interested in those things, however it would be good to know.

How come it’s a 12 month contract, but with no exit fees? Is the price only guaranteed for 12 months or something? My current contract ends in November, could I change to this plan and then immediately leave BT/change providers if I wish? I don’t intend on doing that, however it would be good to know if I could do that, if I wish to.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home Essentials

This may help 

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Anonymouswrote:

Will I be forced over to digital voice, or can I stay on analogue?

The Digital Voice rollout has been paused on some scenrios, it would be explained at point of sale before any changes were made.

@Anonymouswrote:

Will I lose the ability to upgrade to Halo, or add complete wifi and BTTV? I’m not really interested in those things, however it would be good to know.

You can take any BTTV or BT mobile package with Home Essentials, you can upgrade to Halo plan or Complete Wi-Fi but you'd lose the Home Essentials benefits and discount, Home Essentials is a standard broadband and calls package with a reduced price, if you had Halo or Complete Wi-Fi now you'd lose the benefits and need to return the Wi-Fi discs.

@Anonymouswrote:

How come it’s a 12 month contract, but with no exit fees? Is the price only guaranteed for 12 months or something?

The eligibility check is done annually, if you qualify you can switch, in 12 months time another eligibility check is done and if you no longer qualify you'd have to switch plans, if you do qualify then it's extended for another 12 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Providing you’re eligible, can you use home essentials to change broadband provider mid-contract? For example, my contract runs out in November, if I change to home essentials now, can I then immediately after, cancel BT or change broadband providers penalty-free? I don’t plan on doing this, but it would be good to know, if I so wish to. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If you change to another package, you then have the terms of the new package applied, if those terms allow you to cease without penalty then yes you could cancel.

This would only apply to the Home Essentials part, if you had other services such as BT Mobile, BT TV or BT Sport they would be subject to any early termination fee as they have their own terms.

0 Ratings