cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

BT Login access denied

Go to solution

Sorry if this is on the wrong board but I cant find one issues related to accounts maybe I'm blind.

I am struggling to login to my BT account. I am constantly getting "access denied" error message whenever I login.

I have tried on 3 browsers chrome/Firefox/edge, I have cleared the cache completely. I have tried this on 2 separate computers and 1 mobile phone.

I have turned off my router to get a new IP, I have turned on a VPN to get a new IP, I have switched my mobile to 4G to get a different IP and still the problem persists leading me to the only option left that BT is broken???

I have googled this and seen other's with a similar issue, is this fixable at all?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: BT Login access denied

Go to solution

Hi @Thomastipler01 I'm sorry about that, I've seen a few reports of this on the community recently. Is your BT ID in the format of an email address?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

I use my username which has been Ok  right up to now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

@kenneth456 but is the username in the format of an email address? There was a requirenment to change usernames to email addresses quite a few years ago and I'm trying to fiqure out if this could be related after recent changes to MyBT.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

My log in has always been kenneth456, then my password and never had a problem up till now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

Nope my username is completely different to my email and has worked right up until 4weeks ago.

I have been looking at getting the fibre 500 and over the past few months have been logging in and checking the prices as competitors were offering much better deals until last week. 

As a side note after you get the access denied page, if you just go back to the home page "https://www.bt.com/broadband" you will find yourself logged in but whenever you try to view your account details it tells you its unavailable 

Sorry, there was an error showing your profile details

Please try again later.

This is the url that is giving access denied

https://my.bt.com/appsbills/secure/v1/redirect?view=mybt&url=https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/

I work in devops so to me this is looking like an issue on BT's side

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

As explained in message 4, username for MyBT needs to be in the format of an email address and has been the case for a number of years. Clearly the period of grace allowing a non email string has expired.

Probably not a good idea posting your username on a public forum.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

How do I get into my account to change my login details to my email address.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Bit of a catch22 situation, you need to access MyBT in order to change it.

I will flag this to the mods for assistance

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Ratings