cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Prices

Just got the e-mail saying my BT packages are going up by £8 a month

Does anyone else feel that is really high, they got my in a 2 year contract (last month) with a good price then just up it when the like.

Not a happy customer but as usual nothing can be done, I I had known it was going up that much I would have not had the contract, not good value for money now

Rant over 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Prices

No one likes the price increases, but to be fair to BT, they have had a notification on every page of the website for about a month telling existing and prospective customers that prices will change if you have a contract (new or otherwise), on the 31st March.

It's been discussed on the TV, radio and online due to how high it is (14.4%), and it is written in the terms at the bottom of every page and in every email sent out when you order.

I think it is caveat emptor I'm afraid.

Website wordingWebsite wordingTerms & ConditionsTerms & Conditions

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

CPI plus 3.9% is obviously profiteering but don't expect your expression of dissatisfaction to change anything, clearly BT can't failed to have noticed that there is a cost of living crisis but the shareholders must come first.

Message 4 of 6

Can't really blame a business for screwing every last penny it can out of its customers. That's is after all why they exist.

But quite why Ofcom is looking out of the windows & whistling while pretty much the whole sector "independently" hits on exactly the same inflation busting formula is another question...

Message 5 of 6

I agree, the whole sector is doing it but quite frustrating , will downgrade my line speed etc or move after the contract ends.

Poor show from BT but they are a business I guess

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@rbz5416wrote:

Can't really blame a business for screwing every last penny it can out of its customers. That's is after all why they exist.

But quite why Ofcom is looking out of the windows & whistling while pretty much the whole sector "independently" hits on exactly the same inflation busting formula is another question...

Agreed.

One thing you can say about BT pricing is that it is not competitive but that could be because they are required to fund the chocolate fireguard that is Ofcom

0 Ratings