cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport £39.99 to activate

Go to solution

Hi Ok My Broadband phone Bt Sport ends in 18 Days. So Im getting offers to renew and pay less it seems. So I dont get the option to add BT Sport on the order. So looking this up I find that I cant have BT Sport on its own  its linked to free to air channels and wants to charge me £39.99  to activate.

I dont need yet another option for freeview channels. I already have Smart TV  Google TV with chromecast and just plain Digital  Ariel.  I dont mind having the BT TV  thrown in with the BT Sport as it didnt cost anymore. But dont want to pay £39.99  when there is nothing to activate 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport £39.99 to activate

Go to solution

I would telephone and see if you can get a deal - especially as you can leave soon.

@ChesterDrawerswrote:

Hi Ok My Broadband phone Bt Sport ends in 18 Days. So Im getting offers to renew and pay less it seems. So I dont get the option to add BT Sport on the order. So looking this up I find that I cant have BT Sport on its own  its linked to free to air channels and wants to charge me £39.99  to activate.

I dont need yet another option for freeview channels. I already have Smart TV  Google TV with chromecast and just plain Digital  Ariel.  I dont mind having the BT TV  thrown in with the BT Sport as it didnt cost anymore. But dont want to pay £39.99  when there is nothing to activate 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@ChesterDrawerswrote:

there is nothing to activate 

I forgot that BT Sport just comes on automatically, nothing has to be linked to your account or activated at all plus of course that doesn't include any equipment sent either 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Was that a comment or a reply ?. Nothing as to be activated BT sport is already on the account and accessible on the phone computer on the TV. So no £39.99 to post a router that I don't need and a BT TV box that I also don't need isnt justified 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

It was a reply, maybe speak to BT then as the 39.99 is the amount of tv activation charges so don't buy that package if you don't want a tv box

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Ihi @ChesterDrawers 

It sounds like you may currently have the Bt Sport app.

It looks like you are researching taking BT TV  Sport package which would in standard pricing have an activation chasrge  £30, a delivery charge £9.99  and the provision of a BT Tv box.

Prerhaps the product you are looking for  is

https://www.bt.com/sport/app

which is the Bt Sport app

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hello. Yes ideally unfortunately now the BT sport app on its own isn't available and the price is still £17 with or without the BT TV 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

No I just want BT sport, which isn't being offered 

0 Ratings