cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sports to TNT - break of contract?

Go to solution

If I signed up for a Sports package, which included BT Sport. However that has now changed to TNT. Am I within my rights to terminate my Sports package contract without penalty?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sports to TNT - break of contract?

Go to solution
No.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It is a name change not a replacement. I had ITV in my list of provided channels and it changed to ITV1.

Name changes happen all the time! where has CITV gone?

@o_Owrote:

If I signed up for a Sports package, which included BT Sport. However that has now changed to TNT. Am I within my rights to terminate my Sports package contract without penalty?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
At the top of these Message Boards is a warning "The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October.". We are expected to download something else, which doesn't work on older Smart TVs. That's why I'm asking, as it's not purely a name change, there is some sort of disruption, however minimal that may be.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That was not what you asked or even mentioned.

The Discovery+ app is already provided in it's place.

It isn't WBD fault if your tv is old. Apps are being withdrawn all the time on older devices.

How much did you pay for the app or was it provided free?

If you want some compenation try calling BT - but no T&C have been broken on their side.

@o_Owrote:
At the top of these Message Boards is a warning "The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October.". We are expected to download something else, which doesn't work on older Smart TVs. That's why I'm asking, as it's not purely a name change, there is some sort of disruption, however minimal that may be.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It isn't WBD fault if your tv is old. Apps are being withdrawn all the time on older devices.

Yeah, I gather that. I was just giving an example of it being more than a name change from a user's perspective. 

If you want some compenation try calling BT - but no T&C have been broken on their side.

I don't think I'll be getting anything, so I'll not bother trying. That's what I was wondering, whether T&Cs was  broken. It was a long shot. 

0 Ratings