Message 1 of 13

BT advertising false benefits to existing customer

Go to solution

I went on MyBT today to check my offers - this is what I saw

tempsnip.png

mispeltyuoth_0-1666861702470.png

which, on the face of it looks a good deal, except this is what I pay

mispeltyuoth_1-1666861810491.png

NOTE - £51.99 NOT £64.99 - so BT are basically, trying to defraud me. Fortunately, I keep an eye on what I'm spending, but I wonder how many people have seen this and ordered only to find out they're actually paying MORE per month for something they probably don't need.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT advertising false benefits to existing customer

Go to solution

Maybe it's just me but, whilst it is clearly an error that needs fixing, I can't help but think tripling your download speeds and doubling your upload for an extra £1 per month, isn't a bad offer! 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I suspect the involvement of LRS is confusing the issue for BT

Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

It is usual that all these offers are based on the basic prices without any discounts being included.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I suspect a marketing offer created in advance based off your old price, the image shows you renewed last month, were you previously paying more than you are now ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

As usual, distinguished sages, gurus and other so called experts come up with a load of **bleep**. BT know exactly what my current package is - after all, they charge me for it every month - but they still offer me this **bleep**e.

Sorry guys, defend BT all you like, they're still trying to con me.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

If there is a con then the offer of fibre 900with halo 3 and complete wifi for £52.99 is £1 more than you pay for a lesser package seems to me to be a good deal - or is that a con as well?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

"New monthly price 52.99"

Tell me wheres the con?

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Here

tempsnip2.png

If I'm currently paying £51.99 then to save £12 they'd have to reduce it to £39.99, not increase it to £52.99.

I don't need 900MB download and won't be streaming on 90 devices at a time so if BT really want to make me a sensible offer why not offer my current package with a genuine £12 pm reduction? After all, if they can afford that reduction on the 900MB package (if it was at all genuine, of course) then they can afford it on my current package

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

That is not the deal offered that is your current package without any existing deal reduction.  The actual new deal is below where it says  'your personal broadband deals'

It is a big upgrade to 900Mb with complete wifi for an extra £1pm - that's the new deal and up to you to do what you want.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.