cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT sending existing customers too good to be true emails

I received this Personalised Email from BT the other day.

BT offer.jpg

Of course when I clicked on the link it took me to my BT account to look at my latest offers, the complete WIFI package being an extra £5.25 a month! So much for being a VIP customer.

Does BT really think that sending out misleading / non existing offers will engender customer loyalty?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT sending existing customers too good to be true emails

Not worth worrying about to be honest.

It is just basic mass marketing/advertising tactic sent to many, just with the customer name changed obviously.

Hence the bold type followed with the asterisk, so that they are covered legally by making sure you can find in the small print or telling you to read their terms and conditions online, as to what the actual free no extra cost part means.

We get them too trying to get us to upgrade from Halo 3 to Halo 3+ just for complete wifi.

Pointless for us when we were trialists for Whole Home Wifi (Basic, Premium and WiFi 6 versions), so we have no need to pay an extra fiver a month just for another WiFi disc!

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT sending existing customers too good to be true emails

@Ewan1 

It’s hugely disappointing that they are still doing this. 
I needed the help of the mods on this forum to get a satisfactory result after I was badly misled.

I was assured in private messages that steps had been taken to stop this happening. Obviously that hasn’t been done. It’s  completely unacceptable and does the exact opposite of engendering loyalty.

My tale of woe fwiw

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Halo-3-for-4-extra-offer/td-p/2237993