cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT still taking money from my account three months after switching providers

After receiving an email advising me of a price increase on my broadband package, I decided to change providers in the belief that I could do so without incurring penalty charges.

After making inquiries into other potential providers, I decided to go with SKY.

I called BT at 09:24 on the 13th March 2023 and informed the call handler of my intention to cancel.

He offered various changes to my contract, but I decided to cancel anyway.

After my wife raised concerns that monies were still being taken from our account by BT, and unable to access my bill from the email sent to me from BT, I called BT directly to ask that paper bills be sent to me so that I might see what I was paying for.

I was advised that to get paper billing would incur extra cost and he suggested I view it online.

I explained to the call handler that I was unable to access my account since I cancelled.

He further checked my account and saw that it had been closed and said he would pass me on to the relevant department.

I was informed that my broadband contract had not been fully closed as it should have been and that I was still paying for it.

I was told that I would be reimbursed for the products I had been paying for and not received.

Might I be entitled to compensation for paying for services I was no longer receiving?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT still taking money from my account three months after switching providers

The increase in price from march did not give you ability to leave without penalty unless your were out of your fixed term contract at date of leaving

There are other forum posts using search covering this contract increase

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings