cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Tv switch

I recently switched from sky to BT whilst in an EE phone store. I was handed the phone and it was confirmed to me that as i was out of contract i was able to switch straight away and leave sky tv and broadband, so i agreed to the deal. When it came time to put my new BT broadband and tv box in i removed all my sky equipment. I payed my last sky bill and that was that. I then receive another bill from sky! i call to complain and it turns out that BT only changed over the broadband and the phone line NOT the tv package. After speaking with sky as they sent not very nice emails regarding late payments and the threat of bailiffs to my door. I have no choice but to pay another months tv package to them, Sky informs me that BT will credit this to my account. Has anyone else had the same thing happen and did it get sorted?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Tv switch

@Morgy76 

When you switch the new provider (EE) can only switch your Broadband & Phone, not any other packages.

In this case Sky TV is totally separate from Broadband & Phone as you can have Sky TV and BT Broadband.

A misunderstanding has taken place, not sure who misunderstood what though.

I should add that I see no reason for BT to compensate you, that sort of thing only happens (on rare occasions) when you pay a penalty for switching broadband whilst still in contract.