cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT want to charge me for not returning WiFi discs even though they provided them with my contract.

Hi everyone, I will try to keep this short. I have been a loyal by broadband customer for several years, I took out a halo 3 broadband contract late 2022 and we're provided a smart hub 2 with 2 WiFi discs because I was having issues with my broadband reaching some rooms in my house. At the beginning of this year I moved house and had BT told me to take my existing equipment to my no new address and they install broadband at this address, I haven't changed my broadband contract only my address. I am now being told that if I do not return the WiFi discs that they will charge me £30 for each disc. I feel like I'm being charged for a service that isn't being provided. I haven't changed my contract agreement as it was BT who provided me with the WiFi discs and now want to change the contract by having them back. Can someone please advise as this is truly stressing me out. Regards Jayney

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT want to charge me for not returning WiFi discs even though they provided them with my contrac

It will be an automated email that was sent out because you have moved house. Give BT 03301234.150 a call and explain to them what has happened and they will be able to resolve it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT want to charge me for not returning WiFi discs even though they provided them with my contrac

I called BT at the beginning of January and explained that to them, they said they would put a note on the the system. They contacted me this morning telling me that if I do not return the discs they will charge me £60, it's stressing me out and I feel like I'm being wounded and threatened 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You haven't said whether your contract still states you have 'BT Complete WiFi' but from what you state it sounds like you are.

Therefore this should be a simple, short argument with them - you are paying for Complete WiFi so need the discs, or else BT are not fulfilling the contract.

I guess there may be a grey area around 'additional' discs - to get more than one disc you need to prove that the coverage in the house is insufficient. Maybe you need to do this again in the new house?

0 Ratings