cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

March Re Contracting has worked

Go to solution

Just to let people know that I have just received my latest bill which reflects the rates offered when I re contracted on the 6 March at my existing rate so hopefully the same applies to everyone else.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: March Re Contracting has worked

Go to solution
It also worked for me.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

That's great to see guys.

Thanks for updating us here.

I've only had to correct two prices that were recontracted on approx the 1st of March but all other orders, for me, have gone through ok.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If anyone is still following this thread do you know if this will apply again for 2024? I have just noticed I have been offered to recontract at present price as my contract runs out on 19th April 2024. I have BB/landline/TV & Mobile with BT & I pay upfront for the year to get the £19.99 off. I was considering moving with the March price rise coming up to SKY but I'd recontract  (after March 1st 2024 ) if I thought I could avoid the price rise 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

The pay upfront for the year to get the £19.99 (was called Line Rental Saver) was withdrawn from sale on 21 July 2023.

The following from BT.

Line Rental Saver was withdrawn from sale on 21 July 2023.  From this date we no longer offer the option to pay in advance for your line rental.​

After your Line Rental Saver expires, you will no longer have the Line Rental Saver discount of £19.99 applied to your package price each month, as you will not have paid in advance for your line rental. Instead you will pay the full package price each month.​

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
They told me it was being phased out but If I wanted to keep it for another year I could do so. I paid the LRS on 15th July 2023 so still have it until 2024. Right or wrong he did say if I wanted to do it again next time ring before it was due to finish and say I wanted to continue, so I will give it a go again in 2024 just in case. Meanwhile I will give the re-contracting thing a go on 1st March 2024 in the hopes it works as it did for others in 2023
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Lucky I renewed my LRS on 15th July 2023 then
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, does anyone know if the price increase in 2024 is applicable new contract / renewals 1st March 2024?

Many thanks

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I rang yesterday 29-2-24 enquiring about the prices etc. Was offered  just the equivalent of £5.91 ! But told I would NOT incur the end of March price hike by doing so - I can but hope that will be true but wouldn't surprise me if I had to argue the toss at a later stage as I truly think they will promise anything to get the sale. I'll report back should I take their offer, that I will, hopefully, renegotiate today 1-3-24 for a better deal than that the above.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Mum2Emma

I phoned 1 March got offered Fibre 2 with no phone service instead of Fibre 1 for 9p a month more than you were offered. £25.99 before line rental credit reduction,