cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Been sent bill even though I've been without internet for weeks

Hello.

I need some advice on how to handle my latest bill. I arranged a change of address last month and was told that it would take 3 weeks from moving day for my service to be activated. Wasn't a problem initially as I've got my mobile data until then. The package is due to be activated in a few days time but I have been sent a fresh bill of the full usual amount I normally pay for Fibre broadband. Naturally, I don't feel that I should have to pay the full amount for a period of which I can only use their services for like a quarter of it.

Is there any way that I can get this bill waived or reduced to compensate for the 3 weeks I have spent without home broadband?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Been sent bill even though I've been without internet for weeks

@YourInfinityNerd 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You were entitled to the load of a 4G Mini Hub during that period, if you had asked for it.

BT would not normally reduce the bill during that period, but if you had paid for extra data during that period, it may be worth asking for a credit to your next bill, to cover the cost.

Also, if you ask nicely, they may give you a credit on you next bill, for the time they could not provide service.

If activation is delayed, then you will get automatic compensation.

0 Ratings