cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Being sent a Smart Hub 2 when already have a Smart Hub 2

I tried to recontract in March 23 to full fibre at a good price to avoid the very large increase in April.

Engineer visited and discovered that the underground trunking was blocked so needed additional works to be able to connect the fibre. Got there eventually and all was installed correctly in May. No digital voice connection but was told that it could take a few hours. Didn't come on the next day so called and was told that the digital voice element had been cancelled by BT - no explanation. There then followed a whole sorry tale of multiple phone calls to various people in various departments all saying different things and trying to add and re-add packages / resetting Smart Hub etc as well missing promised call backs on numerous occasions. Eventually go through to some back office team who you can't contact directly who did something in the background and eventually - hey presto digital voice worked. 

Queries my bill amount when it was sorted and was told that the package I had been put on was less that I had re-contracted for so I believed them. I then saw a further charge for landline (which turned out to be the anytime calls package I had on my account). This combined the the monthly charge for boardband was considerable more than I had re-contracted at in March. Puzzled I called them and was told that the price I was paying was just for broadband (even though I was told something different). They have now added my package again at the price I agreed to pay in Marchon a contract that runs for 24 months from now and not from the date in March when I re-contracted. 

BUT I have now received an email to tell me that I have been sent a new Smart Hub 2 and that I have to return my existing equipment or be charged £50. I didn't ask for one, they didn't tell me I was being sent one and I don't want to use it. It is really the last straw for me - absolute shambles. I don't want to have to reconfigure the various things I have to work with a new router - especially after the difficulties I have experienced.

Anyone else come across this sort of madness before and were you able to return the new one and have digital voice and broadband continue to work with the existing one?

PS - customer services have missed another promised call back today. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Being sent a Smart Hub 2 when already have a Smart Hub 2

if your existing SH2 is working with your fibre and digital voice then just keep it and return the new SH2.  did you get a returns bag to send hub back? if not just phone CS03301234150 and request returns bag

free phone calls are no longer included in your broadband and phone package.  you need to add calling package either PAYG, 700 minutes or unlimited minutes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings