cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Bereavement Transfer & Cease Accounts

My Mum passed away in May and I am her Executor. I arranged a Bereavement Transfer of her account to my learning disabled sister, since she was eventually going to be moving in to Mum's house. My Mum was also the account owner of my sister's account, so I arranged a Bereavement Cease for that account and it closed on 26/8/24. My sister had an Entertainment package on that account, but the contract for my Mum's house only has the Classic TV. I thought I'd just be able to add Entertainment TV to the contract for my Mum's house, which currently currently expires in January 2026. However, looking online it appears that in order to get the Entertainment package I would need to renew the Broadband contract for another 2 years. Is there any around this, so that I can just add the Entertainment TV package without extending the current contract end date for a further 8 months?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bereavement Transfer & Cease Accounts

Firstly sorry for your loss.

When BT do any re contracts everything is generally renewed.  Don't think they have any control of this, generally speaking people who work in call centres are bound by the system

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @Manatarms84 . When they did the Bereavement Transfer the contract end was unchanged. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to renew that contract in order to add the extra TV stuff. Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet 😔

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

As your mother was the account holder on both accounts it may be that the BT Bereavment Dept can help. 

Give them a call on 0800 169 1663. 

Message 5 of 5

@gg30340 thanks. Never thought of asking them 😀👍

0 Ratings