cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Billing Query.

Good morning everyone. 

I'm currently on a BT broadband and TV package, that's us stopping in a few months. I've been looking around and at others and BT  My offers in BT are terrible tbh, I've not need or interest in Xbox addons. 

Also, the prices for new customers are way above what I pay right now. 

To the actual question. 

When my contract ends, do I stay on a rolling contract with what I have or am I going to be forced on to a new price ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Billing Query.

You can stay on a rolling contract but will lose any original discounts.

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the quick answer.

I can't actually see any discounts on the account, just a lot lower prices than offered now. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Sometimes they're listed on MyBT under upgrade options. It ill tell you what your current payment is together with what it will rise to at the end of the contract. But the BT web site changes constantly & for me at least, that isn't currently showing.

So if you trawl back through your emails for a "Thanks for choosing BT" from when you last contracted, there should be a section in that with the discount. Here's an old one of mine:

rbz5416_0-1711453059357.png

So if I hadn't renewed the price would have gone up by £8 pm.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Emails might be hard to find. I'll have a look at that, thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Worst case, BT are duty bound to notify you of their "best" renewal price together with the out of contract price before your contract ends.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2020/companies-must-tell-customers-about-their-best-deals

Message 7 of 7

Thanks. I've found the discount on the broadband (£5 for 2 years) TV via now (£12.99)

That's quite a decent discount tbh. I didn't realise it was so much for the TV. 

Let's hope BT offer is decent. 

Thanks for the help 

0 Ratings