cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Broadband cover

Hi all, hope someone can help.

I am in the process of buying a home and trying to find an internet provider.

However, no provider at all says that they cover the house.

It is a mid terraced house and every other house has on the street different internet providers.

It has been noted that the house has got a telephone line and cable from BT.

It have also checked and fttp on demand is availible.

Please can someone help explain why no provider whats happening.

Rob

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband cover

@RSansome 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange name and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please include all notes at the bottom.

This forum can only help with BT/EE orders, and cannot advise on other providers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Thank you for your reply.

Screenshot_20240719_065547_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240719_070023_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@RSansome 

Thank you.

Unfortunately there are no spare ports on the fibre cabinet, and there is a waiting list.

FTTP on demand is an expensive business product.

ADSL up to 11Mbs may be available from BT, but many other providers will not allow orders to be placed for it.

Have you tried placing an order with BT, on this link?

https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

Only 4G products show up on the BT website.

Does this mean that i may potentialy not be able to have the internet then, unless i pay for one of these 4G products which are also very expensive in comparrison?

Rob

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

You may be able to contact BT to see if they can place an ADSL order, but because of the low speed, they may only offer 4G broadband, but its worth giving them a call.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/4g-hub

But as you have said, its very expensive in comparison with other products.

Although forum members cannot recommend anyone else, have you tried other 4G providers, assuming you do have 4G coverage?

You could keep checking the availability page to see if the waiting list changes to available, then you should be able to place an order for FTTC. (VDSL).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@RSansome 

Some more info which may help.

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=10736&postcodeloc=14999&cabinet=P8

It does say that ADSL2+ is available.

Try calling BT on 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thank you for your info.

Its looking like i will have to go with 4G

This may be a daft question so I apologise, but if the home im purchasing and a telephone line and cable from BT does this mean they had internet avalibility also?

Also if the previous owner passed away would this result in being disconnected from the fibre or based on the pictures has this property never had it?

Thanks again

Rob

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@RSansome 

Its quite likely that the previous owner just have a phone service, and no broadband.

The external network is provided by Openreach, not BT consumer.

I would first call BT and ask if they can provide "Standard Broadband", which is what ASDL is called. Unless of course that 11Mbs is not fast enough for you. They may have to override their normal order process to do that, but it can be done.

If you can get standard broadband, then you can upgrade to "fibre" (FTTC) broadband, once a free slot becomes available, you would need to check that each week.

As far as 4G is concerned, I would try a PAYG service to start with, like Three mobile as an example (other providers are available). That will give you some idea of the speed you are likely to get.

Message 10 of 12

Thank you for all your advice!

Hopefully it becomes available before I move in but if not i will go down the 4G route.

Much appreciated

Rob

0 Ratings