cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband cut off with no notice

Good morning all, just had my broadband cut off 8 days after moving. BT had weeks of notice, was assured that move would be seamless. But when the old owner had BT installed at her new property, they disconnected my broadband in my property. BT say it will be 8 days to reconnect, both myself and wife work from home, so broadband is critical. No EE coverage at new address so hybrid router not helping. Anybody got at good ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband cut off with no notice

@Hookyman 

Its possible you will actually using the previous owner`s broadband connection which had a pending cease on it which would have been stopping your service being provided. Now the cease has taken place, BT should be able to provide service within the timescale stated.

A Working Line Takeover is the normal process, and that would be seamless, however that may not have happened in your case.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yes almost certainly what happened, but it leaves me with a huge 8 day broadband hole, due to fault of mine.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Assuming you gave BT at least 14 days notice of your moving date, then the current owners would have received notification that someone wants to take over their line. They should normally let that go ahead, as they would be aware of you moving in.

If they prevented this from happening, or if they had already requested that their line be ceased on the day of the move, then that would have raised a cease order for their line, and that would prevent Openreach providing service until all of the cease tasks are closed.

0 Ratings