Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband digital fibre access

Hi All

very new to this 

I relinquished my landline and now have “only broadband”

I wonder if I am being charged for landline (which I don’t have.

the broadband package is about £35 but the bill is about £60

i therefore presume that £25 is the “line rental” although I have no land line phone 

it seems a bit unfair as “broadband only” deals do not mention that added charge is the line rental 

have I got this right? 
or is there a mistake in billing 

many thanks to all 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband digital fibre access

last month, i switched to fibre2 from copper broadband, having the same 78mb speeds. i was paying around £77, but now pay £47. i kept the  land line so that i don't have to give businesses my mobile number. the landline charge was £3 ( THREE Pounds)  extra in the fibre 2 plan, with no call package. it is a saving of around £30 per month, on  2 year contract.

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@SBarot so you think that Broadband arrives by magic rather than requiring a 'line' ?

There is no separate line rental charge.

You have simply removed the telephony capability.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

As already stated removing telephony saves around £3 ,  landline can be a misleading term , telephony and landline are not the same and broadband prices have included  ‘line rental ‘ for decades anyway .

The official list price  difference between standalone broadband and the same broadband with a telephone service on a PAYG basis is £5 ( often discounted to £3 ) , as you pay  £35 , which is a typical is ‘ballpark’ amount for broadband with telephone , so if you pay £60 no doubt you are paying for other things , quite often that is a Halo benefits package which adds quite a bit to the bill .

Message 5 of 5

Thanks very much for that. 

0 Ratings