cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband full fibre took 8 months to install.

I placed an order in February for full fibre broadband as mine was painfully slow here. The first appointment was missed. The second appointment they were late. After 5 hours they couldn’t push the fibre through. An engineer turned up unannounced later that month , looked at the box fitted on the wall and left. I had a call saying a survey was needed. The following month I spoke to the connections team who promised to call. Nothing. 
last month an open Reach engineer from their troubleshooting department arrived unannounced. I explained that nothing has been fixed. After two weeks he arrived for an appointment. After two more days working on the installation I was finally connected. We are now in October!

my question is will I get compensation without having to ask for it? This has taken 8 months! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband full fibre took 8 months to install.

@Warrickhill 

See https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

Unless you have promised an activation date, there is nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

They have finally activated it so just wondered how automatic the compensation would be. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Its usually added as a credit to your account, on the next billing cycle.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It’s a pretty complicated business, if your installation was flagged as a two stage install, then it was known of the potential for delay ( that’s why it’s not a single stage installation ) , the  first date given in these cases isn’t contractual but often it isn’t pointed out . Once whatever the issue is causing a two stage to be necessary ( excavation read to get duct to the house for example ) is resolved, the second stage date is contractual date …..there is also the option , in single stage installations where an unforeseen obstacle stops the installation happening ( on the single stage contractual date ) , the order can be cancelled to stop the compensation clock , and then if a 4G mobile device is provided to get over the gap ( this is more when a brand new service is delayed , not so much on an upgrade if the previous FTTC/ADSL is still working ) then arguably compensation isn’t due as connectivity was  provided or maintained , in those cases a goodwill payment may be offered but not the Ofcom scheme level of compensation.

If no automatic compensation was applied , call and ask .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks
0 Ratings