cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband kit returned but still being charged

After my broadband contract ended I have returned the Smart Hub in a return bag provided by BT. Now 2+ months later they they have sent me an email saying that they are adding a £50 charge for not returning the kit. How can I get this charge cancelled or refunded?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband kit returned but still being charged

Just to add some information. My contract ended on the 28th of June. On the 25th of June, having realised that I hadn't received a return bag I have went online and ordered a new return bag. Then on the 26th I have received a return bag (but not the new one as that one was only posted on the 27th). I shipped the router in the bag I received on the 26th on the 28th of June.

My guess is that BT is waiting for the second bag, even though the equipment was already shipped in the first bag.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

contact billing using 'message us' and they should be able to help    https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, I've tried clicking "Message now" in the provided link. But nothing opens. Tried this on 3 different browsers.

Seems like it's printing the following error into the console `Uncaught TypeError: window.sprChat is not a function`.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If you call BT 0330.1234.150 with your Proof of Sending or your Proof of Receipt they can update your account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I have moved since, and unfortunately I can't find the proof of sending, which probably got lost during the move... However, since the return bags were sent by BT, do you think they could check the tracking references of the bags they've sent me?

Also, is there another way than the phone? I am abroad now and the waiting times with BT can be quite long, so I would rather handle this online.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for explaining that @WalkingStick.

If you're not able to call, then we do offer a messaging option as well. 

Just head over to our contact page and this will give you all the details you need for connecting with a member of our team to get this checked out.

Peter

0 Ratings