cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Broadband still not activated HELP!

Go to solution

Hello, I hope I’m posting on the correct forum.

I instigated a switch from PlusNet to BT to take up the social tariff on 9th Sept this was acknowledged by PlusNet and BT that day.

My switchover date was confirmed as 11th October. 11th came and went. My landline transitioned with no issues but I still don’t have my adsl broadband.

Several calls, checks to my line, router etc and on the 19th an agent telling me I would “definitely have my broadband by the 27th” I have it on my file that several dates for update calls haven’t taken place. 

I have been told the job was complete, then something to do with BT Wholesale, then Open Reach.  Here’s a thing - I can see my local exchange from my house; it is a little antiquated rural exchange and Open Reach are there at least twice a week to poke about at it.

So why don’t they have this job in their list or however jobs are sent through?

I don’t live near BT wifi hotspots. I’m currently forking out a fortune on extra data from Vodafone to do essential online tasks because up until recently we barely had 3G let alone 4G so my data allowance is tiny.

I don’t know what to do, who to speak to or how to get this situation rectified.  I also know I’m not the only person in the area experiencing this issue (they have given up and cancelled) 

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Broadband still not activated HELP!

Go to solution

@RhOda 

Welcome to this user forum.

There is possibly an Openreach capacity issue.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Your connection may not be coming from the exchange, more likely from a street cabinet.

What package/speed did you order, as ADSL provision is no longer available if there is fibre to the cabinet.

Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

if your landline is now working can you enter the number and post results as possibly there is a waiting list

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

if number does not work then use address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @Keith_Beddoe and @imjolly thanks for responding. 

I’m having to do this on my phone, I have no idea how to show the results in this reply as the screen shot exceeds file size.

I feel out my depth which is perhaps why I don’t have broadband.

Without broadcasting my location, I can say it is a tiny community and there were 2 households awaiting connection mid October (the other household has given up and gone for a 4G option)  the exchange is past it according to OR but it is possible to have broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

What did BT say your broadband package was, when they send you a confirmation email?

If it said Fibre 1 or Fibre2, then look at the top line of your results where the line starts VDSL, and see if it says "Waiting List" on the right hand side.

Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Bingo!! @Keith_Beddoe @imjolly  hope this is viewable

6D843887-1D9D-48DD-BA90-76118F89DD36.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

fibre not available in area - copper adsl only. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@RhOda 

Its shows ADSL is available, so that is what you must have been offered.

Usually once the phone task has been closed, a follow on task is generated for the ADSL broadband equipment to be inserted, after disconnecting any Plusnet equipment.

This requires another visit to the exchange by an Openreach Frames Technician, and owing to the number of recent strike days, there is most likely a backlog of frame jobs waiting to be executed.

It looks like the line was tested on the 13th October 2022.

Its possible there is a fault on the ADSL equipment in the exchange.

Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe yes, I mentioned ADSL in my original post; that is all that is available in our antique exchange.  

I can confirm also that Open Reach visit the exchange at least twice a week to carry out maintenance because it is so ancient.  I know this because I can see the exchange and recognise their faces.

I honestly feel as though because of the location and old connection I’m being dismissed.  I have been told the job has been completed when it is clearly not.  I cannot find help from anywhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator for help, to see if they can find out what the issue is.