cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband upgrade to full fibre

Upgraded our Broadband to full fibre on 18 September and was told an engineer would visit in the next few days but this did not materialise.  Subsequently I got several contradictory messages about a visit but still no one turned up.  Contacted BT only to be told to ignore the information on our account and that they couldn’t tell us when an engineer would visit and only that “next review” whatever that is will take place on the 22 October.  So I have no idea when our broadband will be upgraded and am stuck with paying the old broadband charges which are much higher than the new contract and a landline I don’t need.  When I complained to BT they said the complaint had been resolved as it was their third party suppliers  problem.  So I have no idea what is happening ! All very unsatisfactory.  If I had known about these problems at the outset I would have gone elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband upgrade to full fibre

Good morning @AR02

I am sorry to hear your Home Broadband upgrade has not yet completed. 

Did the team advise what has stopped the upgrade going ahead and what the review is on the 22nd October?

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Katie

no they didn’t provide any information at all!  I have no idea what is happening.  

Anne

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for getting back to me @AR02

I understand this must be very frustrating.

We are limited to what we can do here on the community without account access. 

I would absolutely recommend getting back in touch for a full understanding on what the review is for on October 22nd. 

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks.  I have already lodged a complaint under VOL013-892242485315 with David in Belfast but he said he had to mark it as “resolved” even though it hadn’t been resolved which is quite ridiculous!  I followed this up in writing to your Consumer Resolutions department but have not received a notification or response.  

Anne

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

How were you notified that FTTP was available ? , have you seen any work in your area recently by Openreach or its contractors upgrading the area to FTTP .

The way CP’s ( communication providers ) like BT interact with Openreach is limited by the rules Ofcom the regulator impose , but , if for example OR stated an area as accepting FTTP orders but that was inaccurate,  BT could be offering something that’s not actually available.

Enter your address here and post the results, especially the survey information , an example is shown below, yours may be different depending on the way the current copper pair service is provided, the example is for a modern ducted property 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

OR can state FTTP available when a considerable amount of work is still required, if your survey is something like ‘partial DIG’ , and KCI2 ( two stage installation ) in the installation process , then Openreach still  have work to do , that’s only undertaken once an order is received, any date given initially is really only an advisory date for Openreach to arrange the remaining work ( the first stage of the two )  , the actual appointment date is only given after this first stage work is done, CP’s don’t seem to communicate this very well , and Ofcom rules mean Openreach are not allowed to advise you directly …..if things like road closures are required the delay between stage one and stage two can be significant.

0 Ratings