cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband

Hi I am on BT Fibre 2 with a smart hub and can upgrade to BT Halo with a smart hub 2 for an extra £1 lol, should I upgrade?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband

Only you can really decide that, 2 of the best Halo features are the 'keep connected promise' if you have a fault which results in a total loss of broadband, you'll get a 4G mini hub with unlimited data until the fault is fixed, the 2nd benefit is no out of contract increase, what you pay in the minimum term remains the same outside (not including annual price change)

Decide for yourself, the benefits are listed at www.bt.com/halo

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for reply and is the smart hub 2 better than the smart hub?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

very little difference but you need the SH2 for digital voice as it acts as dect base station.  a downside of SH2 is you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks as you can on the SH/6 which many find very useful

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Would I get better wifi coverage? I’m thinking of my video doorbell.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No I don't think the WiFi on the SH2 is better than on your existing hub and may cause you 2.4ghz door bell problems with 2.4/5ghz networks with only one SSID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.