cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bt cancellation failing/unable to close account

Hi I transferred my broadband services from bt to plusnet on 7th December, my account still hasn’t been closed down by bt despite numerous telephone calls assuring me this would be done.  I received an email from them saying my services will end on 11th January, only for me to phone them after this date and discover my services are still active and the cancellation hasn’t gone through.  (Due to a discrepancy between their systems?? according to one advisor on my many calls).   I currently have an active complaint ongoing regarding this, and after speaking to them today and with assurances that the services will be manually cancelled today with a final bill to be received by next Wednesday I can see on the app that my bt tv and landline are no longer active but that my broadband still is.   I was wondering if any Mods were available to look into this for me or advise me how to proceed because I don’t really know where to go from this point on.  Is there something I should be doing in order to help expedite this or am I destined to have to phone them on a regular basis between now and eternity! Any advice would be grateful received.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt cancellation failing/unable to close account

When you switched ISP to Plusnet Di you do it by taking out contract with Plusnet and not informing BT Or did you notify BT that you were leaving as this may be cause of problem?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  I went through plusnet and left it for them inform bt.  I had assumed it had all been taken care of until I received a bill asking for my normal monthly payment and that’s when I phoned bt to find out what was happening.  Their system hadn’t been updated, spent ages on the phone to them and they confirmed they could see I hadn’t used their services since 7th December, after that call they sent me the email saying all services would end on 11th January.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @rl84 and welcome to our community.

Sorry for any confusion with the orders. I can check what's happening with this. I'll need a few details so please check your inbox and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings