cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Caller id

Go to solution

My elderly  in laws asked me to get caller id enabled on their landline so they could have an answering machine with caller id and nuisance number Blocker. I phoned BT today to ask them to enable caller id for them but was told it was only available by taking an additional which I think was called Call Protect @ £4 a month. Is this right. I was under the impression called id was free to all bt customers even those on a very basic old contract.  Any advice would be appreciated as they need to block these bogus " THIS IS THE BANK" scam calls

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Caller id

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

1.jpg

https://www.bt.com/landline/calling-features/

Can you log onto their account & enable it from there?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Tried to access landline / upgrades and it says because you're on basics package no add ons available. Call
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Sorry start again. It says we can't show you any offers online because you're onBT basics. To discuss your options call 0800672476. As I said before they've been on this package for years and they only pay peanuts so I'll ring that number tomorrow but I spoke to customer service billing today and they said only way to get caller id was add on £4 a month so we went with that
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Sorry start again. It says we can't show you any offers online because you're onBT basics. To discuss your options call 0800672476. As I said before they've been on this package for years and they only pay peanuts so I'll ring that number tomorrow but I spoke to customer service billing today and they said only way to get caller id was add on £4 a month so we went with that
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, @Adrianblack welcome to the community and thanks for posting, caller display is free and I'm sorry about the problems you've encountered when trying to order it for your in laws. I've come across this before and have been able to order it for customers with the BT Basic plan and will be happy to help.

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over their details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Hi just an update for you regarding the bt call protect with voicemail that I believe we were misled into buying @ £4 a month. I filled in the online cancellation as we are within the 14 day cooling off period so hopefully it'll just be the free caller id to sort now. Thanks for your help and I'm looking forward to hearing from you. P.S. there seems to have been quite a few people on here that have had the same problems. Surely bt could enable this as default as a lot of other providers do?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Adrianblack,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've added the free Caller Display and removed the chargeable service that was added in error.

The service should go active in the next 24 hours. If you need anything else, please let me know?

Thanks

Paddy

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

A big shout out to all you guys for sorting this for me. My inlaws are both in their late 80s and an extra £12 on their phone bill would have been a lot for them.  Cheers