cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can’t cancel, still billed

Hi

On-going saga since June, I cancelled my contract early due to failures to provide adequate service back at the end of May and was given a final bill estimate and date from which service would be ceased at the end of June.

June came and went and I never got billed for the early termination total. My service stopped. I then received a regular bill for my standard package rate. 

Called up and explained I had cancelled my contract early, can I please pay the early termination charge and was told there was a mistake, my cancellation will now go through and I’ll receive a bill in July.

July came and went. Anther monthly package bill was charged to my DD.

Called again. Same answer. Wait until end of August and your contract will be cancelled and new final value bill charged.

You get where this is going… Three more multi hour calls later and many weeks later and yes… today in October I received a standard monthly package bill when my contract was requested to be ended and paid off in June.

My service doesn’t work, there’s no phone line and no broadband so that’s been successfully cancelled since June but I am still getting billed a monthly package price +VAT with seemingly no way to end this contract. I’ve spent nearly 20 hours on the phone with BT and every. single. agent. promises yes this is sorted there was a mistake cancelling last time it’s 100% cancelled now.

What the hell do I do? How do I escalate this?

I’m reaching the point of considering court action but just don’t need this added stress on top of everything else.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can’t cancel, still billed

I have alerted the mods to your problem

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can’t cancel, still billed

@Marcopolo87 I'm sorry you're still getting billed after cancelling your services, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll be able to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings