cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can't order online

Hi

I'm an existing BT Broadband customer - I'm trying to buy a BT Mobile sim but I keep getting an error:

psb07158_0-1662997528225.png

I reached out to BT via Live Chat who didn't have a clue - said my address is correct on the system. I indicated there must be something incorrect behind the scenes so asked it to be checked - got told I'd hear back within 7 days but I'm not sure it's something that should take so long. I wanted to buy the sim ahead of travelling to Europe on 23 Sep (current network charges for roaming whereas BT doesn't for the countries I'm visiting). 

Could a moderator please help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't order online

The mods won't really get involved at this stage, have you tried calling instead?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I tried ringing the number I found on here for the FTTP team, first they told me I need to speak to BT mobile but after I said I don’t think that’s right they told me I need to contact an existing customer number, sat on hold for 20 mins and gave up.

I have seen from historical posts on here, Mods suggesting they can deal with ORDI requests which I think is what is required. Is that not the case?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The reason i'm saying to call is they may be able to order over the phone if you speak to the mobile team. Does your address look ok on the account? If it does then an ordi likely isn't needed

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, they say they can put an order through over the phone but they can't equal the cashback I'd get if I went online via a cashback site (Topcashback) - if it was a tenner then fair enough, but it's £72 and with the sim I'm looking at, that covers me for 5 months of it!

It's also a wider issue I guess - if I ever choose to upgrade to BT TV etc, I'm not able to do any of it online so I'd like to get the issue sorted (whatever that is)

My address is correct on my bill, but I had an issue with I moved in where BT were providing the service to the correct property but had set up the account at a different address where I used to have an old BT sim so I think there must just be a mismatch somewhere
0 Ratings