cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can you cancel/remove BT landline at any time?

Go to solution

Hi all,

Me and my partner recently took out a 24-month contract package for BT Broadband and “Big Sport”. We also opted to include the Digital Voice “landline” for £7.50 a month, with 700 minutes.

After doing some reading, from what I can gather, it is basically an internet phone (i.e. if the broadband goes down, so does the phone). If that’s the case, I can’t really see a point in us having it. Probably should have read that first but we’ve just moved into our first house so it’s been chaotic.

So my question is, can we cancel the landline at any time (without an early cancellation fee), or are we also tied into that for 24 months? In the documentation/details of what we’ve got I can’t see anything about 24 months for the landline, other than giving 30 days notice.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can you cancel/remove BT landline at any time?

Go to solution

your current contract is broadband and phone line and the caling plan is an addon.  you could change to broadband only but that would start a new contract or you could go to MYBT and change your calling plan to PAYG which will reduce your calling plan cost but maintain existing contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

You can cancel the 700 minutes at any time and revert to PAYG.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies.

I assume PAYG would mean it’d cost us to call people, but would be free if we picked up the phone to someone ringing us?

So there’s no way we can just cancel the landline altogether?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@lane26 wrote:

I assume PAYG would mean it’d cost us to call people, but would be free if we picked up the phone to someone ringing us?

Correct

So there’s no way we can just cancel the landline altogether?

It would only save you a couple of quid anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
1. It costs you nothing if someone else rings you and you answer.
2. See: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/manage-service/i-want-to-change-or-cancel-my-services/i-want-to-sto...
RIC9380

0 Ratings