cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Can you downgrade a package and not be charged a penalty

When I initially set up my contract I included the basic entertainment package(Netflix and NOW) .  Everybody including me is trying to cut costs am I able to downgrade my Broadband package without being charged a penalty. Obviously I would stay with BT.  If this is possible can I have the phone number that I need to speak to someone! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can you downgrade a package and not be charged a penalty

I doubt that you will be able to downgrade a package without penalty because any discounts you may have been given is based upon the contract running to its full term.

Having said that there is no harm in asking. Call BT 0800.800.030 to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

well thank you for your reply I will give it a try next week.  Considering the current economic climate BT like a lot of other companies should perhaps be considering their policies and be a little bit more accommodating to those that want to economise.  Some place on their website it does say downgrade or upgrade.   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@LLOYDER wrote:

Considering the current economic climate BT like a lot of other companies should perhaps be considering their policies and be a little bit more accommodating to those that want to economise. 

Perhaps they will be hence why I said no harm in asking.