cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cancel BT broadband

If I cancel BT broadband, is my BT TV contract also automatically terminated and do I need to return the equipment?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancel BT broadband

Hi @jasonwhite,

The short answer is yes. It should be ceased alongside the BT Broadband service as you need the broadband service to have our TV.

For returning equipment, it will depend when you got it. See below:

"We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us. You’ll have 60 days to return it from the date you stopped using it before we charge you.".

Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancel BT broadband

Before you post, it is always recommended to have a search of the forum for previous posts about the same issue.

You would have found your answer from this previous post linked below, or another of the many posts.

Re: Cancel broadband but keep tv channel's

As stated by @Keith_Beddoe 

If you cancel your BT Broadband contract, then you will lose access to all TV content and would be liable for any cancellation charges for any package that is still in contract.

Broadband is needed to deliver the content anyway, so without broadband you would only have access to Freeview channels on your TV, as the BT TV box would have to be returned.

Edit:

@DanielS got in before me!

To carry on with his post, you can return any kit freely using their provided bags that they send to you.

If you do not return the equipment then they will charge you for any non-returned kit.

See the page here for more information on returns and charges:

How to return and recycle your BT equipment for free

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.