cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cancellation of my broadband Fibre 1 (includes TV basis package)

Go to solution

Hi All,

My current contract end on the 7th June 2022 and my line rental (paid up front ends around 7th September 2022).

I'm finding the cost is expensive and want to find out do I need to give 30 days notice in order to not pay a cancellation charge on my package. Or do I need to wait 30 days before the 7th June end date of my current package in order to avoid the cancellation charge.

I understand the unused portion of my line rental saver will be refunded, true?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cancellation of my broadband Fibre 1 (includes TV basis package)

Go to solution

Assuming you're moving to another provider rather than giving up broadband altogether, just place an order with another supplier 13 days before your contract ends. Switches default to 14 days so the switch should take place the day after your contract ends. Worst case you'll get billed for an additional day.

I haven't used line rental saver for a few years, indeed didn't know it still existed. But the T&Cs always used to say it was non-refundable. The only exception being if BT breached the contract, which typically meant by raising prices. So doubt you'll get a refund.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

The rules for line rental saver changed and you will get refund now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution