cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Cannot Get Part Fibre Broadband

Go to solution

Hi all. Moving property soon and BT website said the new property could only get mobile broadband as no fixed connection. There is a BT box on the wall so called them and was told I could get part fibre broadband with max speed of about 40mbps, which was fine for what I need it for. Went ahead with the order but was told to call back the next day. I called back and spoke to someone else who then said I couldn't get part fibre to that property and the previous person had made a mistake. He checked with another department and was told that as no account had been set up for the property for about a year (it was being renovated) the space in the cabinet had been given away. Mobile broadband was the only option. I'm not keen on the mobile broadband due to the temperamental nature of the 4g/5g signal in the area but will get it if needed. I checked my new address on the Openreach website and they say I should be able to get part fibre broadband at that property. Now I would have thought that it would be Openreach who make the decision to give away the space in the cabinet (happy to be corrected) and so their records would be more accurate. Because I've had conflicting info from different people at BT can anyone advise if they've heard of this before and if I can request any space in the cabinet the next time it's available? Many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot Get Part Fibre Broadband

Go to solution

Check here & switch to the address checker.

If that shows as unavailable in both columns it means that the cab is indeed full. In that case all you can do is continue to monitor yourself & place an  order as soon as a port becomes free. There is no actual waiting list, simply first come, first served.

Screenshot 2024-09-28 122633.png

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi. Many thanks for the reply. Very useful. Got my UPRN and checked it and definitely no space in the cabinet. I'll monitor it and hopefully some space becomes available. Hopefully the 4g/5g signal is half stable 😀 Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Have a look at the Ofcom Mobile checker as another provider maight have better coverage at the address. You can search each provider & specifically for data. It's still a "best guess" but more reliable than the providers checkers, which are often works of fiction! But the only way to be sure is to try. So possibly worth getting hold of PAYG SIMS for all four networks & testing yourself.

O2's network seems to be particularly overscubscribed, with plenty of complaints of full signal but little to no data throughput.

0 Ratings