cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Change of name on bill

Go to solution

Hi folks, I'm going to move out of my parents home. I've always paid the internet and phone line (as I wanted it!) Should it be a fairly easy process to simply move the bill into the name of one of my parents? (who both obviously live there). I'm just wondering if it's worth doing it/if it's easy enough. I don't want to disturb their access. Obviously they don't want anything changed in the contract. They've had the same home phone number for years etc. Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Change of name on bill

Go to solution

Is the BT contract I your name and you pay the bill or is contract in one of your parents names and you pay the bill?  If contract in your name then you cannot change the name of the account holder.

You can change the name and account number of the person paying the direct debit but leave account holder

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ah ok it's in my name. I guess I better just continue to pay it. Annoyingly the contract only just got renewed. I don't want them to have the problems I had when we started the contract trying to ensure the number wasn't changed etc.... 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Ah just saw the end part of your post: 'You can change the name and account number of the person paying the direct debit but leave account holder'. That's perfect. 

0 Ratings