cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Changing to BT

Go to solution

Hi, I am moving from Sky to BT for Broadband and landline.  My devices are due to arrive on25 July and then broadband and landline is due to be activated on 26th July.  However, Sky have given me 14 days for the changes to be made which takes it to the 26th July.  My question is, do I need to ask Sky to extend this date as I am keeping the same landline number which I believe BT are going to process for me.  I am worried that due to the dates BT and Sky have given me that I loose my current landline number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing to BT

Go to solution

No, don't even bother contacting Sky, if you've gave BT your phone number that's all you need to do. All transfers are gaining provider led

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Gary.  

I assume then the dates of between my SKY contract stopping and BT setting up the equipment is irrelevant then? If that's the case then thats brilliant.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

When my sister switched there was at lest a 2 hour down time on the date of her switch when she had no broadband service at all.

She was moving from BT to Sky. Just for the broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks.

Im not so worried about the broadband being down for a period of time. It’s more to do with the possibility of loosing my existing landline number. Even thought BT have the number already, I’m worried that due to Sky dropping their activation on the same day as BT will be activating their service will allow the number to drop off if that makes sense. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes that makes sense.

That should not happen if you have given BT your landline number when you was on the BT site and told them you wanted to keep your landline number.

You may find your broadband as phoneline maybe down for an hour or two on the date you are switching. Apart from that all should be fine.

I know a few people including myself that now very rarely use the landline to make and receive calls.

I changed to BT pay and go for landline calls over 18 months ago. As its now lucky if I make a call using landline every few months. Not that I call often and if I i do make the occasional call 8 times out of 10 I will now use my mobile.

0 Ratings