cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Charged for returned router

I had some bad issues with WiFi when I moved to my new house, I was without internet Tierney for over a month while BT figured out the issue. 
I was sent a new router during this time to try out to see if my existing router wasn’t working. Well, it wasn’t the router. So I bagged up the router in the green bag and sent it off from the post office. 3 months later BT have charged me £50 and have said they have not received the router. Spoken to various personnel at BT and all have been quite unhelpful. Fair enough I should have kept the receipt of postage but it’s not something I thought off after all that time. 
I just can’t believe it wasn’t sent from the post office or it went missing, surely with the pre addressed label on it BT should know whether or not they have received it. Has this happened to anyone else? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charged for returned router

this happens all the time with BT im afraid.

i had to phone them up with my tracking receipt to prove that

they had accepted and received their mini router weeks ago....

without your receipt of postage you will be going round in circles.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charged for returned router

Hi we’ve just received a text to say we will be charged. Rang BT to question it as had returned it. Amazingly we’d kept the receipt- when we told them the barcode number- they could match it to what they could see and then said we’d not be charged!! So clearly they have the information that it had been returned !!! A lucky escape for us but do ask if they have sight of a tracking number their end as highly likely they will!! Hope it helps.
0 Ratings