cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Charges for ending contract early

Hi I’ve recently been forced to move address and do not need broadband at the address I have moved to however upon trying to cancel my contract with bt I am told I must pay £175 to leave and a further £60 for the router as I am unable to return it which seems rather extortionate to me, I have been a bt customer for over 5 years so surely my monthly bills have covered the costs of the router by now, they’ve had over £2000 off me since I first became a customer! I get that I am in a 24 month contract but I have had to move from my address through no fault of my own so there must be some sort of exception in these circumstances, I did try explaining this on the phone to customer services but they were very unhelpful and once I said I was moving and he couldn’t convince me to stay, seemed determined to send some charges my way even though I explained I have no way of paying such a large bill at the minute 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Charges for ending contract early

I'm afraid those were the terms of the contract you accepted. You wouldn't be very happy if BT didn't abide by the terms of the contract.

Presumably you no longer have the hub, hence unable to return it. The hubs are only loaned to customers and are not their property.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Charges for ending contract early

@Scott_chegg  If you got that router 5 years ago, then it won't need to be returned. It is yours to keep.

Should you have received a new hub more recently, then that begs the question as to where it is!!!

0 Ratings