cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Charges for not using landline

Go to solution

Hi there folks,

We were with BT a number of years ago and left at the end of the contract because we were being charged for not making enough outbound calls!

I would like to know if this is still the case? I’m with Sky at the moment and am looking to switch but not if the above is still true.

Thanks 🙂 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Charges for not using landline

Go to solution

@RW5 

No its not.

You do not even need a landline phone if you do not want it.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
We’re you a business customer, quite often deals could be had , but they had a minimum spend requirement, I’m not aware of any BT domestic/ residential tariff that had a minimum number of calls or minimum spend, what was this call plan called ?,
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

We rejoined BT last autumn and eventually managed to retrieve our old landline number from Virgin.  We still get many calls on the landline but never use it for outgoing as our mobile deals give us all the free time we need.  There haven't been any unexpected call charges.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@iniltous 

A long time ago, some calling features like caller display were chargeable, unless you made a minimum number of chargeable calls. That was abandoned years ago.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies 🙂 really appreciate it.

I now have a new issue. A few moments ago I went through the process of selecting broadband and phone for the advertised price of £32.99, however, as I progressed through the order, the final price ended up being about £60 a month and I did not select optional extras!! 

I know this isn't the original topic but can anyone explain to me how that works?! I was really looking forward to going back to BT as well.. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
No I wasn't a business customer and I cannot remember anything about that old contract other than the fact that we were charged as I mentioned.
0 Ratings