cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Cloud Voice Express - Lost Proof of Postage

Go to solution

Cancelled BT Business in May. Kept getting charged and harassed for payment. Called in July. Contract cancellation "button" hadn't been pressed their end but CVE was a separate service. I was never told this (1st issue). Customer service agent confirmed it was a new thing brought in after my contract had started, so she cancelled that service and credited my BT account. End of saga. Or so I thought. 

I returned the CVE in the BT provided see through grey bag in July. I kept proof of postage. Kept getting billed. Kept getting return equipment reminders. I had already previously returned my router and cables which were received no problems.

Called today to be told I need to go to the post office I went to in July and give them my BT account number and they can print me another proof of postage as mine is now nowhere to be found. BT need to stop telling customers this! The Horizon system does not keep records of and has no functionality to recall proofs of postage. To do so would mean keeping people's addresses (the recipient) and that would then bring in additional legal problems under the GDPR. It says all this on the Royal Mail website and was confirmed by the post office when I went to see them to enquire. 

I CATEGORICALLY HAVE returned the equipment, as I did previously. To be called a liar is downright unacceptable. A quick Google shows this is a massive issue. Therefore BT need to look at changing how they do their return and recycle. 

I am not paying a non return of equipment fee for equipment I have returned. If I wanted to keep it, I would not have called and suffered their automated "customer service", or took the trouble to go to the post office which is in the next town! 

Ombudsman next I think for BT acting unreasonably and continuing to charge me after I had cancelled my contract in May and again in July.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cloud Voice Express - Lost Proof of Postage

Go to solution

@Swistle 

Welcome to the BT Residential Customers forum

As you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings