cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Compensation for late transfer of service and number

Hi all,

Try to bare with me. Here goes.

My BT bundle of Broadband, Mobile & Landline were out of contact.

I received a letter asking to give BT a call to look at new a contract.

30th April I called and 'thought' everything was now done and dusted, both parties happy.

My Mobile, as we all know, goes from BT to EE. I wanted to take my existing number with me which the 'guide' said would be done automatically on the day of activation 23rd May.

My Boardband went live 24th May without a problem as this stayed with BT.

I received my new EE sim with new number, and put it in my phone and ran dual sim alongside my BT sim which still had my existing number.

On 28th May, my BT number still hadn't been transferred over to the EE sim.

I spent 5 hours 28 minutes on a EE chat, being passed through no less than 6 'guides' when finally all seemed to be sorted.  My existing BT number would transferred over to the new EE sim at 1 minute past midnight into 29th May, today. This is after I was told to restart my phone at 11pm on 28th May, but you guessed it, the transfer didn't happen.

At 1am this morning I gave up and went to sleep.

Upon awakening, the Mobile transfer number fairy must have visited as finally finally finally, after all the above, and I've left some bits out, all seems to be well. BT have stopped my Mobile service, my existing number has been transferred over to EE and I'm now on one sim and reinserted my sd card.

Now, after pouring out my story to you all, I would like to be compensated for the late transfer and the worry that my service may have been cut whilst in mid calls or receiving calls? 🫣

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Compensation for late transfer of service and number

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help.

See https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

What you described, is unlikely to involve any compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Bearing in mind the pac process only runs on working days & over the weekend was a bank holiday too this all depends on when it was started a sit may not have been delayed at all based on the timescales

Message 4 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

BT supplied me with a PAC code on 30th April via the My BT app, but my order was meant to have been processed automatically and running by 23rd May.

Message 6 of 6

Number porting doesn't occur on weekends or Bank Holidays. So if the port was arranged after 17:30 on 24th, today is the correct day. Porting can occur at any time during the day so whoever told you it would be done at 00:01 was talking out of their **bleep**.

Given that at no point did you experience any loss of service, I don't see any case for compensation. Communication as always should be better, but it is what it is.

0 Ratings