cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Compensation for total loss of landline service for 10 days - is it automatically applied?

Go to solution

Our landline was recently out of service for 10 days.

We woke up one morning to 'check landline' on all the cordless phones. There wasn't a dial tone and when I ran the online check via the BT webpage, it confirmed that it was an external fault outside the home, not our own wiring and equipment.

The fault was raised on the 4th July, with a target fix of the 7th July, but the problem wasn't actually rectified until the 14th July.

Will I will be entitled to automatic compensation via BT or do I have to raise the issue as a complaint to get compensation for the issue?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Compensation for total loss of landline service for 10 days - is it automatically applied?

Go to solution

If the fault falls under the automatic compensation scheme you will receive it without you having to claim it.

Any compensation will be deducted from your next bill.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Compensation for total loss of landline service for 10 days - is it automatically applied?

Go to solution

Ok thank you. I assume loss of landline service would be covered (?) as that is a pretty major fault -I will check the link thank you

0 Ratings