cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Cancelling BT contract for parent with Dementia

Hello - am I able to cancel my mother-in-laws contract, she has dementia and is unable to cope with the simplest things.  

Hopeefully someone can help as it is quite stressful at the moment. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@MRum 

do you or someone else have POA as that will be need to access the account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes we do - I'll check to see what needs activating

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @MRum, welcome to the forum. If you need help cancelling your mother-in-laws service with us I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to assist you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi John,

I've looked into Power of Attorney and alathough we have it we don't want to trigger it at the moment because it sets off a whole load of things which we don't need at the moment.  My husband is visiting his mum twice a day and she really could do without the BT sport now.  Although she has TV she just watched the same channels as she gets confused or can't remember to use the remote.  Is there anyway we can cancel the subscription?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @MRum if you get back to us on the private message @JohnC2 has sent you we'll be happy to look into what we can do. If you're already listed as an account manager and can pass the security validation checks we should be able to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings