cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Confirmation of BT Account Closure

Go to solution

Why do B.T not confirm cancellation of an account, when the only way of doing this is by Phone call? 

You should be able to email B.T of your decision to cancel your account and receive a confirmation of this.  They say that you have to give them 30 days notice when closing an account, even if your contract has ended with them.  There are so many comments from people being overcharged when they have tried to close an account down.  

When I phoned to close my account on the 16.4.24, I thought I would have received confirmation, so I phoned again the following day and was told I would not hear anything from B.T until the new provider had taken over the broadband service.  This doesn't seem right at all! Where is the proof that you have actually phoned and cancelled your account on the date mentioned to give them 30 days notice!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Confirmation of BT Account Closure

Go to solution

If you're doing a wlt to a new provider you won't get anything from BT until your new provider places the takeover order as it's not a cancellation so is a different process, the 30 days notice only applies if you're not doing a takeover

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
30 day notice is pretty much industry standard , and as explained only applies if moving to another network or not joining another Openreach based provider, if joining another company on Openreach it’s 10-14 days notice , served on your behalf by the company you are joining .

When I phoned to close my account on the 16.4.24, I thought I would have received confirmation, so I phoned again the following day and was told I would not hear anything from B.T until the new provider had taken over the broadband service. This doesn't seem right at all! Where is the proof that you have actually phoned and cancelled your account on the date mentioned to give them 30 days notice!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

if you have phoned BT to cancel your account and also intend to move to another ISP (openreach) and have actually placed order with new ISP then this is a recipe for disaster.

The OFCOM correct way to move to a new provide is just to place order with new ISP who in turn notify BT they are taking over connection which prompts letter from BT saying sorry you are leaving

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings