cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

moved from 700 mins Digital phone service to PAY AS YOU GO

Go to solution

Hi , due to price increase and not using land line at home ,also unreliable at times with phone calls cutting half way , i have decided to cancel the 700 min package to PAY AS YOU GO - TO £3.00 /mth 

today , I was looking at my bill , it has Increased to £14.64 for land line ??? anyone can explain this please 

BR 

Sam

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: moved from 700 mins Digital phone service to PAY AS YOU GO

Go to solution

@Jaffna1974 

Call charges, if you have made any phone calls. The £3 a month is just the cost for the service, this is from the BT website.

We've got three great plans - Pay As You Go, 700 Minutes and Unlimited Minutes. Beyond your inclusive allowance you’ll be charged at the rates below.

Calls to

Rates

UK* home phones

28.18pΔ/min 

UK mobiles

Standard 28.18pΔ/min

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
1) I am fully aware of the calls cost and since the service change NO OUTGOING Calls WERE Made
2) why is that when a customer moves from service -high to low end Pay as you go - the line rental suddenly appears ?
3) I find when you move from high tariff to low , it looks like we get penalised as a customers
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have no idea, you would have to ring BT and ask them. Bear in mind that the latest bill would include part of last months charges, before the price increase, which would be the part charge for the 700 minute calls package you had. It depends on your billing cycle.

You will have to wait for the next bill, to see what you are being charged.

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

How have you concluded that the £14.64 is a landline increase ? , presumably you have broadband , if you only have a phone landline and no broadband, and don’t make calls it’s a bit pointless having a line at all .

Broadband has been for decades , a single fee , it isn’t subdivided into broadband and line rental , it’s just one amount, a typical £30 monthly broadband bill is just £30 , not £20 line rental and £10 broadband making £30 in total , it’s just broadband £30, so is it the case your broadband bill has gone up by £14.64 ?, how can you attribute the increase to ‘landline’ when there isn’t an item on the bill for ‘landline’ ? 

Obviously if you were paying somewhere between £10-17 for 700 mins and have changed to PAYG that’s around £2-5 then your bill will reduce by the difference in price ( providing you don’t actually make any calls , or very few calls ) , but there is the March 31st increase to take into account .

It’s pretty likely your last bill showing the increase is in part for days after the 31March increase , depending on what other services you take and what you were paying for them  , it’s likely the reduction in price by taking PAYG instead of 700 mins ,  isn’t as much as the average 8% increase on the remainder of the bill, so overall the bill increases.

Post actual facts and figures to be sure, but bills after changes are made are notoriously hard to follow with part month credits and debits 

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Did you by any chance have "Line Rental Saver" which has just expired?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
No Allan
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I've checked two of my bills, the latest one (which includes the CPI +3.9%)  and also the one where my "Line Rental Saver" was discontinued last year. Both these bills give a breakdown on how this affected my costs, are not able to determine from your bill how the increase cost was arrived at?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Go to the Bills page of MtBT & click the highlighted link.

rbz5416_0-1713790356975.png

Or download the full bill for a breakdown.

0 Ratings