cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Confusion over renewal & whether line rental saver will still be charged

I'm not sure why you would expect to continue paying the same amount once LRS ended.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Sorry but I cannot believ you expected to continue to get the £19.99 LRS reduction after your LRS contract expires in  Feb 2024

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 17

Don' t forget, this is not my account and am doing this on mum's behalf. Plusnet don't have that paying in advance for line rental. Like I said, I pay £30 ish so her figure of £28.10 seemed right. Surely you must understand/know where I'm coming from.

The thing is, your responses aren't helpful because it's not about what I expected I should pay for broadband but about the communication from BT and it not being clear.

They said it includes line rental and gave the amount at £28.10. What's obvious about knowing that would include another £20 when her line rental ends. What I think the agent meant is it includes 'line rental saver' that she is still paying.

There's simple lack of communication. He should have picked up on the fact that that would be until February only. I visited this board because I didn't understand why he would include the deduction in the total figure, based on what I've already said.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 17

that's two people saying the same. Read my reply to imjolly please, to see why I thought that. Are people really not understanding my point. I regret coming on here for help when all I get is patronising comments. BT shouldn't be charging around £54 a month for an 82 year old woman to go online occasionally. Like I said I am paying around the £31 so it's not hard to believe I would think £28 is a deal. NO EXTRA
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

There is no reduction because of age but there is a social tariff if your mother qualifies

The answers you are getting are correct and obviously you are just not happy that they do not agree with you assumptions

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 17

Thanks for the link, I'll take a a look at that.

'not happy that the answers don't agree with my assumptions' is totally wrong.  I didn't get an answer.  I just got a repeat of what I already saw in the email confirmation and patronising, unhelpful comments . I didn't ask how they had worked it out. I can do basic maths.

I rarely post on forums, but when I have, I've never come across this sort of attitude.  You continue to insult me but you just don't see.  

This is the sort of answer I would expect to receive from someone who actually wants to help:

I can see why you would be confused. You thought the line rental would just be refunded at the start of your new contract and the confirmation would show your new price of £28.10.   Did BT not explain that your line rental saver would continue until it expired and that the price they gave you included this, but after it would increase ... the new calculations are correct, but BT should have mentioned it.

I suppose that's just too considerate and you would prefer a different approach.

Like I said, the figure they gave me was similar to my own contract .

Joined this forum yesterday, but not wasting any more time on it. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

My concern would be why she's being charged £53.49 for Fibre 2. Even with the "discount", that's £45.49. The new customer price for Fibre 1 today is £40.99 with telephone. Fibre 1 is £35.99 so given her use you could probably drop down a level. Oddly that's a £1 less than Fibre Essential. Although she does appear to be getting a very cheap calls package.

I presume that as you say you've just renewed, that you are still within the cooling off period? If so I'd get a couple of quotes from other ISPs & get on to retentions/loyalty/value team or whatever they call themselves today. If they can't match what you can get elsewhere then switch.

Obviously if she qualifies for the social tariff then that would be a no brainer.

0 Ratings