cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Considering New Contract with BT

Hi

My contract with BT ends next May 2025. I was considering upgrading with them now but was shocked to be offered a package for Fibre 3 for £53.99. This is  a copper wire service. I currently have a speed of 13mbps!! I currently pay £43 for this snail service. If I proceed with renewing my contract I will pay £10 for the same speed. This is extortion when you consider the packages available for full fibre are much cheaper. I believe BT has a policy that states I would not be charged anymore than a new customer.  I will certainly not be paying £53.99. I would be very grateful for clarification in with regard to this matter. Cheers   Colin.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Considering New Contract with BT

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

if you enter your phone number and post results including notes this will show connection available to you  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

as far as I am aware there is no fibre 3 package.  the price guarantee applies if you have Halo 3+ add on  Package costs are the same whether your package is copper (ADSL)/fibre and copper (FTTC)/fibre (FTTP)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

It's a standard BT scam, just ignore it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Apologies. Should read Halo 3 not Fibre 3. However, I disagree with you that all prices are the same with BT. My wife owns a property elsewhere and pays £32 for 30mbps. She signed up as a new customer. Do BT base there pricing on area? Thanks for responding. Colin

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Yes, BT do vary pricing according to the local competition. If Openreach is the only supplier then prices may be higher.

But you're paying a huge premium for the Halo add-on.

Message 6 of 11

Thanks for responding. It is a ridiculous premium for a slow service. I have considered other providers who offer the same  speed for considerably less in price. So much for BT offering the same price as a new customer. I do not believe anyone in the area I live would pay the price I am being offered as a new customer. Cheers Colin.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

According to several threads on here, they're weasel words that actually seem to mean "You won't pay more than a new customer who also takes Halo 3". They will also do their damnedest to prevent you downgrading & losing Halo.

Message 8 of 11

Thanks again for responding. In respect of the BT definition of a new customer then “weasel words” is an apt description.  I have all my services with BT ( Broadband, Landline, TV and Mobile) so it will be a wrench leaving but this charge is extortionate. Being a loyal customer for many years no longer pays. Colin

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for the link to the checker. I note from the results that exchange in not a priority for fibre. So there is no hope of improving my service but BT will continue to charge a high price for a very poor service.  There is one provider with starlink technology at a reasonable price I will certainly be considering. I am disappointed with BT.  Cheers. Colin.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for the link to the checker. I note from the results that exchange in not a priority for fibre. So there is no hope of improving my service but BT will continue to charge a high price for a very poor service.  There is one provider with starlink technology at a reasonable price I will certainly be considering. I am disappointed with BT. 

0 Ratings