cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Constantly asking for username and password after I have already setup a pin, and allowed bio...

Will do, and then report back.

You don't think it has any link to the terrible WiFi then? I can be sat 6' from the home-hub, with an entirely unobstructed view, and the speed test will suggest poor WiFi signal! It then pops up with a 'troubleshooter' button which just takes me to a generic BT website with the message 'not a member yet?' at the top. That strikes me as more weirdness.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Re: Constantly asking for username and password after I have already setup a pin, and allowed bio...

Cheers @Guitarslingingmick, please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Out of interest, when it's directing you to this generic page you've mentioned, is it actually opening the My BT app, or is it opening a BT webpage in your browser of choice?

The passcode you set for the app will only apply to the app itself; anything that opens via the browser version will need you to log in manually.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

It opens externally, but isn't directing me to a page for troubleshooting.

Have just tried to open the app again, to test WiFi and to check what happens when I click Troubleshooter, and it's asked me to log in with username and password again. That's within 45 minutes of my last login!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Thanks @Guitarslingingmick, I've checked this troubleshooter in my own app, and because this is hosted on a browser page rather than built into the app, it will direct you to log in separately. 

When you actually load the app itself initially, is it offering the passcode option?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

That's interesting, thanks. That must juat be a coincidence then. With the login, no, just username and a forgot log-in details button.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Cheers, please keep us posted on how things go if you try this via a different device. 

Any browser page will prompt you to log in separately again, but the app should definitely remember your PIN and biometrics when launching it.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Just got home and found the hub light, blue, two of the three discs blue and the other one flashing red. App asked for username again, and then failed to open (purple, red and blue dots bouncing).

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

@Guitarslingingmick The status of your broadband shouldn't have any impact on your ability to log in, as you can still access the app when away from your network, including over mobile data.

Have you had a chance to give a different phone a try to see if the problem carries over?
Peter

0 Ratings