cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Contacting BT online / Home essentials contract ended

I am on the Home Essentials package, I received an email saying my contract has ended.  My situation has not changed, as far as I am aware the contract should  continue.

The contact page here https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband does not show a "Message now" button in the "Message us" section.

How can I contact BT via email to sort this out?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contacting BT online / Home essentials contract ended

I have just tried the link you posted using chrome and edge browsers on my PC and both show 'message now'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ended or ending?

See the FAQs here for what should happen.

I believe the message button may disappear at busy times when there's no one available.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

So from the FAQ's from @rbz5416 

"When you reach month 11 of your Home Essentials plan, we’ll contact you to let you know that you’re nearing the end of your 12 month price guarantee and inform you we’ll run another eligibility check on your plan’s 12 month anniversary. If you are still eligible then we’ll notify you and inform you that we’ll renew your plan for another 12 months unless you contact us to tell us you’d like your service to end."

So no need to contact by the looks of it anyway

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The email I received said:

"It looks like you're out of contract. But don't worry, renewing is super easy. Plus, do it now and enjoy the exciting renewal deal that we've saved for you."

The link for deals went to a page that told me they have no deals for me.

I got through using the chat and they said Home Essentials is supposed to continue, but didn't address the email I received.

Guess I'll have to wait and see if my bill changes.

0 Ratings