cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Contract Ending - Forced onto Full Fibre/EE

My Fibre 2 contract was up this month.

Online I was able to select renewal at a chaper price, but it wanted £3 for Pay as you Call calls.

I didn't want Full Fibre at the moment as having work done in house.

Rang up for renewal without Pay as You Go - landline and was told I can't have a Fibre 2 renewal regardless - have to move to Full Fibre or just stay on rolling contract at higher price.

Reluctantly agreed to Full fibre (not realising that the box inside house needs power socket right next to it.  Price was okay, but not offered anything like new kit and was told it would be EE as BT are now EE and confirm/set up your EE account.

Rang back today as I don't think Full Fibre is going to be practical for a few months and asked again for a Fibre renewal.  Told its impossible and if I cancel now I won't be able to set up an EE account in future with same email and within 6 months I'll be forced off Fibre 2 anyway.

None of this sounds completely legit and I'm realising having read this forum that moving to EE is basically moving to a new customer service team, etc and potential for a big mess.

Is everything I've been told above true or shoudl/could they let me renew and also could I have got Full Fibre through BT and not EE??

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Contract Ending - Forced onto Full Fibre/EE

Hi there,

There appears to be a lack of transparency with ordering or renewing, just now.
There's a 'BT Consumer Price Guide', BT stuff. There's no equivilent 'EE Consumer Price Guide', with the same kit, EE badged. I can't understand why customers are being bumped onto EE; when the glossy brochure doesn't exist ?
If products exist only in the 'BT Consumer Price Guide', why can't customers have them.
It's the 'same company / products' doesn't really cut it, in business. I wonder if any of the current anomalies have been rubber-stamped by Ofcom & Trading Standards ?
Ask the dealing agent to justify where you can find the offer in BT/EE hard copy !
SupermanA 4 125.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Its true everything is going to EE. BT are pushing you that way. Yet they are offering new customers Fibre 1 and Fibre 2. The left hand of BT doesnt now what the right hand of EE is doing and they are meant to be the same company. Communication is very poor between the two.

Even when you want to do it you cant the call wait time is terrible today so think I will give up at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

You’re not being forced into anything.

Your existing contract will just roll on as a monthly thing.  The only thing you lose is any ‘in contract’ discounts you may have had.  I myself have been out of contract now for about four years, (for reasons I won’t go into here).  Nothing has really changed except the price.

Message 5 of 17

@ArtyVark 

BT and EE are separate companies within the BT Group.

BT Group are trying to promote EE as a consumer product, to integrate with their mobile and TV products.

If you just have just a basic broadband package (no TV), then you may as well stay with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Yeah I know they are seperate companies but they both come under BT. Coming under the same group they should still have good communication but they dont.

I have Halo package with TV. At the moment the phone lines are constantly busy.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

So. To peruse BT Products & Services, I go to the 'BT Consumer Price Guide'. To peruse 'EE Products & Services', where do I go ? There isn't equivalent literature ?
When negotiating a new deal or a re-contract, you really need to know 'what's out there'. You need to know you're negotiating cheapest options, or salesperson 'specials of the day'. After all, you're tying yourself into a contract for a specified period of time. Be wise before the event, not after: get it right. If you're unschooled at the time of contract, you're positioning yourself somewhere between 'DEL BOY & THE KRAYS'.
'TRADERS'  & 'BROKERS''TRADERS' & 'BROKERS'

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Please can you advise us where the BT Consumer Price Guide is? I feel prices are hidden from the consumer and I have trawled BT Web pages and any prices are avoided. I pay £22 per month for my TV package but it is promoted from £15 per month. I do feel Ofcom and Trading Standards should insist prices are transparent and investigations to ensure consumers are not fooled.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@edbostan Offers can & do change at anytime, I get you're not happy but highly unlikely anything for trading standards etc. Also strange you can't find prices, the current offers come up on the following page - Add TV to Broadband | TV with Broadband | BT

0 Ratings