cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 13 of 17

Re: Contract Ending - Forced onto Full Fibre/EE

How do I put in a complaint about this as I cancelled the Full Fibre installation - tried again to get a contract on Fibre 2 instead of being stuck on the rolling contract at a higher price - was told it wasn't possible and now after waiting to ensure the full fibre order was cancelled - I've managed to do it online (at a not great, but better than the rolling contract price) after being told by 3 people that if I did it online it wouldn't go through at the order stage.

And it has - do I just have to ring up as the only other option on the website is to send a physical letter.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@Ork1927wrote:

How do I put in a complaint about this as I cancelled the Full Fibre installation - tried again to get a contract on Fibre 2 instead of being stuck on the rolling contract at a higher price - was told it wasn't possible and now after waiting to ensure the full fibre order was cancelled - I've managed to do it online (at a not great, but better than the rolling contract price) after being told by 3 people that if I did it online it wouldn't go through at the order stage.

And it has - do I just have to ring up as the only other option on the website is to send a physical letter.

Hi there.

Official complaints link is : https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints

A far better way to complain is to start at the top. Contact the CHAIRMAN or the CEO. Google what you require, it's all out there.
Email addresses posted on the community get deleted: against the community rules ?

C-P2x50x0.15x6.gif

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

The policy is if recontracting and FTTP is available, then you should use the FTTP network, some providers ( Plusnet ) were offering recontracting without using FTTP when available, but BT were not , so I wouldn’t be surprised if your recontract order without taking FTTP  is subsequently cancelled  .

if you don’t want FTTP , but you do want the cheaper price of being within contract and BT didn’t  offer it ( without moving to FTTP ) you really have no cause for complaint, that’s your choice ……if you do mange to recontract at a cheaper price and remain on FTTC when FTTP is available , then what exactly is it that are you complaining about  ?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

"Yeah I know they are seperate companies but they both come under BT. Coming under the same group they should still have good communication but they dont."

BT and EE say they are completely separate companies when it suits them to do so. However, if this was really true, they couldn't switch customers from BT to EE when customers seek to renew their BT contracts. But they do this all the time, sometimes not even making this clear to the customer.
And as soon as something goes wrong each blames the other.
BT "service" was never all that good, but this merger between BT and EE has made it appallingly bad
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Tell me about it. I've reported this in the new upgrade offer thread but I tried to go from BT to EE the whole last week to be finally told on Friday. I can't.

They claim there has been some foul up and customers on BT Halo can not transfer to EE. Unfortunately I've got no real idea whether this is true.

"Yes we will ring you back when this has been sorted".

3 days later nothing. I can't be bothered trying again.

20+ years BT Customer.

0 Ratings